Turquoise has long been a prized crystal for its crystal meanings and its beauty. It ranges from blue to blue-green to bright green. The larger deposits form in dry regions in the US, Egypt, Iran (Persia), and Mexico. However, the name Turquoise means “Turkish.” Turkey is where most Persians (Iranians) and Egyptians sold Turquoise to the western world. This trade met its peak during the Ottoman Empire (14th century through the early 20th century). The Mayans used Turquoise and prized it highly; they used it for mosaics and regalia like scepters. This stone has a long history of being valued.
What would you use this stone for in crystal healing treatments, rituals, or grids?
Turquoise Sacred, Spiritual, Energy and Historical Healing Uses
Turquoise was a holy stone to many medicine men for healing all types of ailments. It also has the following properties:
- Meditation: Only recently has the western world begun to learn the healing benefits of meditation. It helps keep one balanced, can boost the immune system, and more. Turquoise functions as a focus and supports the healing properties of meditation.
- Immunity: Even when not used in meditation, this crystal can boost immunity.
- Breathing: This stone can help ease breathing when dealing with respiratory ailments such as sleep apnea, shortness of breath, and other issues.
- Allergies: This gemstone can prevent and treat allergies and asthma caused by allergies.
- Depression: Turquoise can lift your spirits even when it seems hopeless.
- Vitality: This crystal brings strength and energy. It can ease or eliminate exhaustion.
- Healing the emotional body: To heal the physical body, you must also treat the emotions or the emotional body. Significantly, this stone works with both the physical and emotional bodies for healing.
- Wholeness: Again, the theme of body and emotional healing shows up, but with other components: mental and spiritual healing. When the mind/body/emotion/spirit is well, there is a wholeness that is more than the sum of its parts
- Master Healer: Turquoise is considered a Master Healer stone since it can heal on all levels of the person.
Other Metaphysical and Crystal Healing Properties of Turquoise
- Arthritis: Rheumatism and arthritis can be helped with this stone.
- Backache: Likewise, backaches can also be helped with this crystal.
- Blood flow: In crystal healing, this gemstone can improve blood flow, even around blockages.
- Vocal cords: This crystal can relieve ailments of the vocal cords.
- Cataracts: This stone can help with cataracts when held to the closed eye for a half-hour three times a day.
- Flu: This crystal promotes healing from the flu.
- Jet lag: This stone promotes rapid recovery from jet lag. It helps settle the body clock with its current environment.
- Whiplash: Turquoise can strengthen the neck and improve whiplash symptoms significantly.
- Stress: Turquoise can ease the stress caused by a racing mind, which interferes with sleep and other body functions. Skin disorders are eased if they are caused or aggravated by stress.
- Post-op: This stone can boost rapid healing in post-operational recovery. Just be sure not to place non-sterile items directly on incisions.
Don’t forget that healing crystal meanings are not medical advice nor a prescription. See a doctor or other licensed healthcare practitioner about all illnesses or injuries.
How can you improve your life with Turquoise?
Ritual, Sacred, Metaphysical, and Traditional Uses In Ancient and Modern Life
Turquoise was used in Ancient Egypt for jewelry and funerary goods like King Tutankhamen’s as far back as 6000 BC. Early Native Americans mined this stone and made it into jewelry and other sacred items. The use of this gemstone originated with the Anasazi people of the Native Americans. The Aztecs also used this crystal on sacred items. It also has these properties:
- Association: It is associated with the connection between Heaven and Mother Earth
- Romantic Love: This stone strengthens romantic love and even assists starting a romance.
- Intuition: This crystal can boost psychic and intuitive abilities.
- Grounding: Turquoise can be a very grounding stone, helping one keep in balance on all levels.
- Serenity: This crystal encourages and supports peace and tranquility. Consequently, this allows for compassion and forgiveness.
- Spirit: This stone heals the spirit and thus brings goodness to life.
- Balance: This gemstone balances yin/yang energies, as well as mental and spiritual energies.
- Panic Attacks: Turquoise can calm panic attacks and bring relief.
- Self-knowledge: This crystal can assist your quest for self-knowledge and allow you to see deep into the heart of yourself without fear.
Additional Metaphysical, Spiritual and Sacred Properties
- Communication: This stone enables communication from the best and highest source. It is, notably, good at easing emotional expression, particularly communication on sensitive issues.
- Public speaking: If you are having a hard time with public speaking, Turquoise can ease the way. It can turn a potentially tricky and embarrassing time into one of ease and pride.
- Luck: This stone is one of good luck and good fortune.
- Feelings: This crystal reduces negative feelings, especially ones you have been holding back.
- Raise Energy: This stone can raise energy to a higher plane.
- Attunement: This gemstone promotes spiritual attunement and wisdom.
- Protection: Protection in the areas of psychic, personal, property, and against environmental pollutants are properties of this stone.
- Danger: This crystal changes colors to warn of danger, according to several sources.
- Friendship: Turquoise enhances and strengthens bonds between friends.
- Trusting: This stone promotes appropriate trust without undue suspicion.
- Connection: This crystal empowers your connection to all life and the universe
- A Caution: This gemstone might fade in water.
Turquoise strengthens and aligns all the chakras. It is, however, associated primarily with the Throat Chakra, and to a lesser extent, the Sacral Chakra.
Visit the Chakras pages to learn more about the chakras.