Tourmaline comes in a rainbow of colors, all of which have crystal meanings. Many of the colors have their own name. Red is Rubellite and pink Elbaite. Similarly, brown is Dravite, green Verdelite, and blue indicolite. Black is Schorl, green over pink/red Watermelon, and pink/red over green Reversed Watermelon. White/colorless is Achroite, and yellow is Tsilasite. Other bi-color and tri-color specimens can also be found. Additionally, long crystal wands of any color focus energy.
All varieties have basic tourmaline energy. First I will go over general tourmaline meanings. Then I will cover meanings and properties for different colors of the crystal.
What would you use Tourmaline for in crystal healing treatments, rituals, or grids?
General Spiritual, Metaphysical, Energy, and Historical Crystal Healing Meanings
- Healing: This crystal enhances healing.
- Aura: This includes healing the aura.
- Victim Mentality: This gemstone eases or removes victim mentality.
- Breakdowns: Thus, this crystal helps with breakdowns.
- Left-right Brain: This stone balances left-right brain synchronization.
- Physical Balance: It also improves physical balance.
- Bladder: This crystal can heal bladder infections
- Incontinence: In the same vein it can aid incontinence.
- Blood Toxins: This stone removes toxins from the blood.
- Blood Pressure: It also improves blood pressure.
- Bronchitis: This gemstone eases bronchitis.
Please remember that healing crystal meanings are not medical advice. See a doctor or other licensed healthcare practitioner about any illness or injury.
How can you improve your life with this crystal?
Ritual, Sacred, Metaphysical, and Traditional Uses In Ancient and Modern Life
- Inspiration: This stone fosters inspiration.
- Creativity: Consequently, it grows creativity.
- Awareness: This crystal empowers full awareness.
- Connection and Negotiation: In the same vein, it brings connection and negotiation.
- Groups: This stone is helpful for those in groups.
- Laughter: Tourmaline brings laughter to life.
- Blockages: This gemstone removes blockages.
- Yin/Yang: This crystal improves yin/yang balance.
- Energy Balance: Thus it balances energy.
- Calm: Calming is a property of this stone.
- Fear: Additionally, this gemstone eases fear.
- Self-confidence: Thus it brings self-confidence.
- Negativity: With this in mind, crystal lessens negativity.
- Reduce Worry: One way it does this is it reduces worry and overthinking.
- Restlessness: Therefore it can ease restlessness.
- Psychic Abilities: Tourmaline enhances psychic abilities.
Colors of Tourmaline
Green Verdelite – Verdelite has beneficial energy for the brain, eyes, heart, and thymus. It can also benefit the immune system, constipation, weight loss. Additionally, it supports healing from abuse. Uses of Verdelite include abundance, success, and creativity. Equally important, it boosts peace of mind, positive feelings, and compassion. In addition, it assists with visualization and herbalism. Verdelite is associate with the Heart and Third Eye Chakras.
Pink Elbaite – Elbaite has beneficial energy for the heart, lungs, and hormone balance. Traditional and modern uses of Elbaite include awareness, creativity, and a blessing on new beginnings. It enhances love, spiritual love, and healing a broken heart. Additionally, it lessens destructive behavior. Elbaite is associated with the Heart Chakra.
Green with pink/red center Watermelon – This crystal supports and improves issues with the heart and lungs. Watermelon Tourmaline is a feel-good stone that brings love, humor, and fun. It also lifts emotions and improves the connection to the higher self. It lessens nervousness. This stone is associated with the Heart Chakra.
Pink on the outside and green on the inside, Reversed Watermelon – Reversed Watermelon helps food absorption, reflexes, and healing from accidents. It also helps communication and is a good stone for travel. Additionally, Reversed Watermelon brings stillness and calm while strengthening synchronicity.
Blue Indicolite – Indicolite brings energy to help the lungs, throat, esophagus, and larynx. It also can help with the thymus, thyroid, eyes, and brain. It can improve vitality, the spleen, endocrine system, and metabolism. Additionally, Indicolite enhances psychic abilities, telepathy, tarot card readings, and divination.
Indicolite boosts emotional balance, awareness, and self-reliance. As a result, this decreases anger and anxiety. As a happiness stone, Indicolite can bring bliss. Indicolite is associated with the Throat and Brow Chakras. When Indicolite is in Quartz it has stronger energy for its properties.
More Colors of Tourmaline
Brown Dravite – Dravite aids ADHD, ADD, and the immune system. It also supports animal healing. Dravite lessens stress and anxiety. It is a stone of understanding and tolerance. It can also foster serenity, a sense of calm, and hope. Additionally, Dravite is a protection stone, in particular home protection. This crystal is related to the Sacral and Root Chakras.
White/Colorless Achroite – Achroite enhances inspiration, clear thought, and a sharp mind. It also boosts communication and helps attain goals. Achroite is associated with the Crown Chakra.
Yellow Tsilasite – Tsilasite supports the liver, spleen, kidneys, gall bladder, and stomach. Tsilasite benefits intellect, thoughts, and mental energy. It also assists in starting a new job or business, and invention. This crystal relates to the Solar Plexus Chakra.
Red Rubellite – Rubellite is a stone of the heart and can heal the physical and emotional heart. Thus, Rubellite brings loving feelings, passion, commitments, and opening to Univeral love. It boosts passion for life, courage, and abundance. Rubellite aids the nervous system, depression, heart, brain. It also enables the healing of the inner child. This crystal is nurturing and brings a sense of protection and courage. It relieves passivity and lessens fears. Rubellite is associated with the Heart and Root Chakras and creates a link between the two.
Remember, healing crystal meanings are not medical advice of any kind. See a doctor or other healthcare professional about any illness or injury.
The chakras associated with Tourmaline are related by color. See the Chakras pages to learn more about the chakras.
See additional references and resources on crystals for sacred, spiritual healing, metaphysical and/or mineral information. Additionally, discover other stones at The Sacred Crystal Meanings page. Also, learn how to clear and charge your crystals here.