Labradorite is a crystal of magic, protection, and psychic abilities. It is a type of Feldspar that has a play of color that’s called labradorescence. The stone itself is usually gray, gray-green, grayish-white, or black. It has layers that refract light as that gorgeous play of colors. The labradorescence can be in blue, gold, green, red, deep blue, blue-green, or any combination. Blue is the most common.
Labradorite gets its name from the area it was found in the 1700s by missionaries in Canada. The native people of Maine have used it for centuries. The Inuit believed it was pieces of the Aurora Borealis fallen to Earth. A type of Labradorite that shows the whole spectrum of colors was found in Finland in the mid 20th century and was named Spectrolite.
What would you use this crystal for in crystal healing rituals, treatments, or grids?
Spiritual, Metaphysical, Energy and Historical Crystal Healing Meanings
- Eyes: Labradorite treats problems and disorders of the eyes.
- Brain: Disorders of the brain can be treated with this crystal.
- Seizures: Additionally, this crystal reduces or eliminates seizures by removing the root cause.
- Stress: This stone reduces stress and anxiety, thus lowering or eliminating stress-based illness.
- Rheumatism: This gemstone helps reduce the inflammation and pain of rheumatism. Additionally, it goes to the root cause to release the person from its rhematic illness.
- Gout: This crystal also helps reduce gout flares and associated pain.
- Metabolism: Labradorite regulates the metabolism, bringing it into balance.
- Digestion: Additionally, aiding the digestion is one healing use of this stone. It also helps heal problems of the liver stomach and gallbladder.
- Hormones: This stone brings the hormones into a balanced state.
- Menstrual Symptoms: It also can lower menstrual symptoms.
- Blood Pressure: Labradorite helps lower the blood pressure to a healthy level.
- Colds: This crystal helps treat the common cold.
- Lungs: It also helps with respiratory issues including bronchitis, COPD, and others.
- Addiction: This crystal treats addictions of any kind.
- Detoxification: This crystal helps detoxify from alcohol, tobacco, and hard drugs.
- Pain: This gemstone boosts pain relief.
Please remember that healing crystal meanings are not medical advice. Crystal healing is support for healing and wellness. See a doctor or other licensed healthcare practitioner about any illness or injury in addition to crystal healing.
How can you improve your life with this crystal?
Ritual, Sacred, Metaphysical, and Traditional Uses In Ancient and Modern Life
- Stone of Magic: Labradorite boosts magic efforts and environments.
- Spirit Guides: Also, it helps communicate with spirit guides.
- Mental Sharpness: This stone helps keep the mind sharp regardless of the person’s age.
- Fears: This crystal chases away fears.
- Insecurity: It also lowers insecurities that may be unfounded.
- Harmony: This crystal can bring harmony between the spiritual and the mundane.
- Akashic Records: This stone helps access the Akashic records.
- Past Life Recall: Additionally, it boosts past-life recall.
- Synchronicity: Labradorite helps with manifesting synchronicity and serendipity to bring amazing things to your life.
- Vibration: This crystal helps adjust vibration levels to moving between worlds in all its various senses.
- Change: This stone is helpful when going through change or transformation. It gives the strength to handle the situation.
- Intuition and Psychic: This gemstone promotes and strengthens intuition. It also boosts psychic abilities.
- Psychic Readings: In particular, it assists with psychic readings.
- Meditation: Also, it helps deepen meditation.
- Trust: This crystal brings trust in the Universe.
- Work: This stone helps in the workplace by bringing out the best in people. Additionally, it helps deal with changes of job or work practices.
- Home: It also helps get your home life out of a rut.
- Hand Sensitivity: It enhances the sensitivity of the hands.
- Healing: This stone is a powerful tool for those who use touch therapy healing.
- Inspiration: Labradorite inspires fiction writers, playwrights, and composers.
- Study: This crystal aids study on any subject.
- Protection: This gemstone is a powerful stone of protection.
- Empathy: This crystal can promote empathy when used on the solar plexus chakra.
- Visualization: This gemstone promotes and assists with visualization.
- A Caution: In addition to the crystal’s properties, be aware that water can damage the stone. Also, for this reason, the direct method is not appropriate for gem elixirs.
Chakras and Other Associations
Labradorite relates primarily to the Throat, Third Eye, Solar Plexus, and Crown Chakras. It also eliminates unwanted energy from the aura. And it prevents energy leaks via the aura. See the Chakras Pages to learn more about the chakras. This crystal is also associated with the Water element.
See additional references and resources on crystals and the GIA Gem Encyclopedia for sacred, spiritual healing, metaphysical. and mineral information. Also, learn how to clear and charge your crystals here.