Sapphire is a very popular crystal with a lot of traditional metaphysical properties. It is corundum which comes in white, black, purple, yellow, orange, and green as well as the best known blue. Red Corundum, which would be Red Sapphire, is Ruby. Other colors have other names, but they are sapphire nonetheless. Purple Sapphire is also Oriental Amethyst, Yellow is Oriental Topaz. Also, green is Oriental Emerald. Padparadscha is the name of Pink-Orange Sapphire. Whatever its color or designation it is a beautiful and powerful stone. Among other things, it is used to reduce frustration, strengthen faith, bringing joy, and is a stone of royalty. Also, in the early 20th century, engagement rings commonly contained this gemstone.
Sacred, Spiritual, Energy and Historical Healing Uses
This gemstone is crystal healing for a number of issues. Some of them are:
- Headaches: This crystal can eliminate tension headaches. It can also lower or eliminate migraines.
- Inflammation: Sapphire is a stone used in crystal healing to reduce inflammation in any part of the body.
- Relaxation: This stone helps bring on whole-body relaxation.
- Asthma: Asthma issues decrease with this stone as assistance.
- Tension: This crystal reduces or relieves tension from the stresses of daily life.
- Insomnia: This gemstone decreases insomnia and helps maintain a healthy sleep state.
- Skin Problems: Skin problems decrease with this stone.
- Cancer: This crystal, along with appropriate medical care, reduces cancer.
- Vertigo: This stone decreases vertigo.
- Viral Infections: This gemstone can decrease viral infections, helping you heal more rapidly.
- Confusion: This crystal reduces confusion which is rooted in mental disorders.
Please remember that healing crystal meanings are not prescriptions or medical advice. See a doctor or other licensed healthcare practitioner about any illness or injury.
Ritual, Sacred, and Traditional Uses In Ancient and Modern Life
Sapphire comes from the Hebrew sapir. It was one of the stones in the breastplate of the Hebrew High Priest.
This crystal is also used for:
- Frustration: This stone can reduce frustration immensely.
- Self-confidence: Self-confidence is a crystal healing use of this gemstone.
- Employment: Likewise, this stone is a stone of finding or stabilizing good employment. Self-confidence is particularly important in this arena.
- Personal Power: This crystal also helps continually increase personal power.
- Protection: This gemstone empowers protection, especially protection against evil.
- Willpower: Additionally, this crystal increases willpower.
- Psychic Awareness: Also, this stone helps expand psychic awareness. Additionally, it increases the skill of prophecy.Likewise, it helps get in touch with the spirit realm.
- Communication: This crystal helps bring truthfulness and clear communication. As a result, relationships of all kinds improve.
- Worldly Standing: As a royalty stone, this crystal can also help improve worldly standing.
- Purpose: This gemstone strengthens faith that all are here for a purpose, are protected and loved by the Divine.
- Happiness: Thus, Sapphire brings happiness and joy.
- Hope: In the same vein, this crystal increases hope.
- Intelligence: This gemstone can enhance intelligence.
- Wisdom: In the same vein, sapphire can also enhance wisdom.
- Unwanted thoughts: This crystal can help erase unwanted thoughts.
- Blue sapphire is a birthstone for September
Sapphire is primarily associated with the Third Eye Chakra. See AllTheChakras.com to learn more about the chakras.