Around the world, people of varying cultures know Quartz crystal as a sacred power stone. Quartz occurs on every continent in many forms: crystalline, massive, and more. Ancient Rome used Quartz as a talisman. Also, there is evidence that Ancient Greece, Ancient Egypt, other early communities used it. Native American Indians and others, consider Quartz crystals to be living beings that need to be fed. Quartz crystal carries high power and energy. Quartz is associated with the Archangel Raziel (Ratziel) who keeps “The Secrets of God.”
Some of the many names for Quartz are Quartz Crystal, Rock Crystal, Crystal Quartz, and Ice Crystal. It is also Master Crystal, Universal Crystal, and Perfect Jewel. The word krystallos in ancient Greek is where the word crystal comes from. One perspective says that the term “quartz” may come from the German “quarz.” Furthermore, quarz is considered a German synonym for Quartz, per Mindat.org. In addition, the word “quarz” is said to be Slavic. When referring to quartz without a description like “rose” quartz, it is a reference to clear quartz.
Rituals, Historical Uses, and Meanings
Quartz was used ritually in Ancient Egyptian funerals and funerary objectsz. In Atlantis and Lemuria, quartz amplified energy. Crystal Skulls, which are living beings to many, are also often made of Quartz. Some other rituals and sacred uses are:
- Meditation: Many meditation practices include Quartz crystal. Additionally, Quartz is often the first crystal someone will use as a meditation stone.
- Scrying with crystal balls: Quartz was the material of the original crystal balls.
- Dowsing for water: Historically, Quartz finds water underground when used by a dowser.
- Increasing intuition: Intuitive people and seers use Quartz to enhance their abilities.
- Increasing energy or grounding energy: Any given crystal may excel at increasing energy. Or grounding energy. Or one after the other.
Sacred, Spiritual, Energy and Historical Healing Uses
In spiritual or historical crystal healing, most consider Quartz to be a very strong healer. During the Middle Ages, people used Quartz in potions and salves along with other ingredients. Additionally, Early Americans used it for balancing emotions. They also used it for reducing disappointment.
Some other healing meanings of quartz are
- Strengthening the immune system: Quartz can keep the immune system strong against germs it encounters. Also, it can keep the immune system strong against germs already in the system.
- Lifting depression: The high energy of the Quartz lifts the system to a higher vibration. This can eliminate depression.
- Aiding other emotional and mental disorders or problems: This stone shifts the energy in the emotional and mental areas. This decreases these disorders.
- Clearing Electro-magnetic Field (EMF) smog from the body: Quartz can fight these problems by creating a healthy vibration where there was an unhealthy one.
- Healing: Quartz is an all-purpose stone for crystal healing. Therefore, Quartz has the name: the Master Crystal for healing.
- Aiding diabetes and similar disorders: Quartz has historically helped with the management of diabetes and similar disorders.
- Balancing physical and mental energy: Quartz crystals can assist in balancing physical and mental energy for metabolic health.
- Healing all body systems: All body systems readily absorb the healing vibrations of Quartz.
- Increasing the smoothness of energy flow throughout the body: This aids overall healing.
Please remember that these meanings are not prescriptions or medical advice. See a doctor about any illness or injury.
Ritual, Sacred, and Traditional Uses In Ancient and Modern Life
In addition to the uses mentioned above, Quartz has many other uses such as
- Good luck: The ancient Romans used Quartz crystal on its own or carved as a talisman for good luck.
- Dissolving past and past life blockages of energy: Rebirthing and reclaiming one’s self after trauma are two times this blockage-dissolving vibration helps a lot.
- Programming the crystal for a particular use or purpose: You can readily program Quartz crystals for a particular purpose. For example, you could program a crystal to heal your cat.
- Being used, especially in clusters, to energize other crystals: I mention this energetic talent in my article on Clearing and Charging Crystals.
- Protection, particularly from evil and black magic: The bright white light of Quartz combats against evil, black magic, and other things from which you may need protection.
- Grounding: This stone has a gentle, bright grounding energy.
- Studying and concentration: Quartz crystal aids studying and concentration from both the student’s and the teacher’s points of view.
- Keeping secrets: Whisper a secret to a Quartz crystal and it will keep it in spite of any energetic attempts to get it to divulge the said secret.
- Bringing white light to a person or situation: This crystal brings the white light particular to the Crown Chakra to a person or situation, as requested.
Quartz Crystal Chakra(s)
Quartz is associated with all chakras and is used to cleanse and repair the aura energy field. It is also associated with the Crown Chakra in particular. This Quartz links Crown and Root Chakras to send energy throughout one’s entire being in a continuous flow. See AllTheChakras.com to learn more about the chakras.
I have had years of working with natural and manufactured quartz. Essentially, the same elemental soup creates manufactured Quartz as nature creates the organic crystal. I prefer the natural crystal in many cases. My experience is that natural crystals have more consistent energy. Still, some manufactured Quartz feels identical to the natural crystal; I find that worth working with. Some feel that manufactured quartz is dead and lifeless. Even so, manufactured quartz is not the same as glass. You may have different experiences with manufactured quartz. So, always choose whichever crystal is the right crystal for you at that moment.
See additional references and resources on crystals for sacred, spiritual healing, metaphysical and/or mineral information.