Peridot is the gem form of Olivine in various shades of olive from yellow with a hint of green to bright green with a hint of yellow. It was first named Topaz, rather than the stone we now know as Topaz. It was named for the island in the Red Sea where the Egyptians mined it. They mined it only for the Egyptian pharoahs. And security was so severe that those stealing the stone could be put to death. Also, in biblical times Peridot’s name was Chrysolite. The name Peridot comes from Arabic “faridat” which means gem. This beautiful gem can also be found in pallasite meteorites. Those would be called pallasites.
What would you use this crystal for in crystal healing rituals, treatments, or grids?
Spiritual, Metaphysical, Energy and Historical Crystal Healing Meanings
- Depression: Peridot lifts depression and raises your spirits.
- Bipolar Disorder: This crystal balances the two poles of bipolar disorder. It also soothes mania and lifts bipolar depression.
- Hypochondria: This stone eases hypochondria. Consequently, it allows you to have a more realistic viewpoint about your health.
- Addictions: This gemstone can help addictions, especially from tobacco or other inhaled substances.
- Endocrine System: This crystal balances and smooths the function of the endocrine system.
- Immune System: Peridot boosts the immune system and its functions.
- Tonic: This crystal can make a tonic for greater health.
- Digestive System: This stone improves the workings of the digestive system.
- Organs: This gemstone helps various organs such as the gall bladder, liver, spleen, and pancreas. It also helps the thymus, lungs, and heart.
More Peridot Crystal Healings Meanings
- Asthma: Even as far back as ancient Egypt, Peridot was used to ease asthma.
- Sinuses: This stone soothes the sinus, and drains away any infectious matter.
- Stings: Made into an elixir, this gemstone soothes stings and bites.
- Swelling: This crystal also relieves swelling from bites or from internal processes and issues.
- Eyes: This stone assists with astigmatism and nearsightedness.
- Ears: This gemstone also helps maintain healthy ears.
- Childbirth: This crystal can bolster and ease the process of childbirth.
- Ulcers: This stone can also diminish stomach ulcers and their associated discomfort.
- Toxins: Peridot neutralizes toxins on all levels.
- Brain: This gemstone balances the left and right brain hemispheres.
Please remember that healing crystal meanings are not medical advice. See a doctor or other licensed healthcare practitioner about any illness or injury in addition to crystal healing.
How can you improve your life with Peridot?
Ritual, Sacred, Metaphysical, and Traditional Uses In Ancient and Modern Life
- Fear: This stone weakens and relieves fears. And it replaces fears with calm.
- “Study stone”: This crystal helps with mental challenges, including studies.
- Life Purpose: This gemstone aids in understanding life’s calling and purpose.
- Peace: This crystal brings peace in prayers and meditation,
- Divine Energy: This stone connects you with Divine energy. And you are uplifted by it.
- Forgiveness: This gemstone opens the heart and brings forgiveness.
- Cycles: This crystal helps you understand and flow with the natural cycles of life.
- Negative Patterns: Peridot dispels negative patterns in thought and in action.
- Lost: This crystal assists in finding lost items.
- Good Luck: This stone is also a strong good luck and good fortune talisman.
- Eloquence: This gemstone allows you to speak with eloquence. It also allows you to speak with sincerity.
- Abundance: This crystal helps you be open to manifest increase on all levels. Especially, it helps increase profit in work.
- Nightmares: This stone reduces nightmares. Thus, it can bring more restful sleep.
- Hurt Feelings: This gemstone diminishes and relieves hurt feelings. It also lessens anger and jealousy.
More Peridot Crystal Meanings
- Mistakes: This crystal supports letting go of guilt and admitting your mistakes with calm.
- Happiness: This gemstone multiplies happiness to a warm, generous feeling.
- Self-confidence: This stone elevates self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Protection: This gemstone is good for protection. It also helps you detach from outside influences.
- Visualization: This crystal benefits greatly with creative imagination and visualization.
- Psychic: This stone enhances intuition and psychic abilities.
- Higher Wisdom: This gemstone brings the wisdom of the higher self. It also helps you open to new levels of awareness.
- Blockages: This stone reduces or eliminates blockages throughout a person or system.
- Positivity: This gemstone multiplies love. It also empowers growing compassion.
- Gratitude: This crystal brings gratitude to your life in a realistic fashion.
Chakras and Other Associations
Peridot associates and aligns with the Heart Chakra. It also aligns with the Solar Plexus Chakra. In addition, it protects the entire aura. See the Chakras Pages to learn more about the chakras. Additionally, this crystal relates to the element of Earth. It is also the birthstone for August and the zodiac stone for Libra. Moreover, it is the anniversary stone for the 1st and 16th wedding anniversaries.
Peridot also relates to many higher beings. It is associated with Archangels Sabrael and Zadkiel and also Archangel Raphael. It also associates with Lakshmi, a Hindu Goddess of Fortune and Abundance. Additionally it associates with Pele, Hawaiian goddess of fire and volcanoes, and Persephone, Greek goddess of spring.
See additional references and resources on crystals and the GIA Gem Encyclopedia for sacred, spiritual healing, metaphysical, or mineral information. You might enjoy learning about Sapphire and Aqua Aura Quartz. Discover other stones at The Sacred Crystal Meanings. Also, find more crystals articles here.