Lapis Lazuli has been used as a sacred stone for thousands of years. It is used especially in Afghanistan where it is commonly found, as well as in trade from there. Lapis Lazuli, which is technically a rock, is born in the earth of Lazurite, Calcite, and Pyrite. Furthermore, the blue component is sometimes Hauyne according to mindat.org. Whichever component is in a given rock, its energy is very similar if not the same. In part blue color brings the energy of blue to the rock.
The term Lapis Lazuli comes from lapis which means stone in Latin and lazhwawrd which is blue in Persian. After the Renaissance, Lapis Lazuli became a paint pigment called “ultramarine.” The Ancient Egyptians used also Lapis Lazuli for jewelry, rings, Pharoah’s regalia, and more. Sumerians believed that who carried an amulet of this stone was in a god’s company. Other Ancient peoples who cherished Lapis Lazuli were those of India, Mesopotamia, and Iran. Today we often call this beautiful stone simply Lapis.
What would you use this stone for in crystal healing treatments, rituals, or grids?
Sacred, Spiritual, Energy and Historical Healing Uses
For almost as long as this beautiful blue stone has been mined, it has been a stone for crystal healing. It improves and helps the following issues, among others:
- Healing the throat: Whether it is a sample sore throat or a more serious condition, Lapis is a stone for healing the throat.
- Strengthening bone marrow: That is to say that it heals and strengthens bone marrow. Moreover, it is not only good for the bones; Lapis, as a healing crystal for bone marrow, can also make new, healthy red blood cells.
- Improving hearing: This stone improves hearing from a number of problems. First, it helps with swimmer’s ear dulling the hearing. Secondly, it assists with the hearing difficulties that come with age. Thirdly, it can help with blocked eustachian tubes dulling your hearing.
- Thymus: Lapis Lazuli strengthens and boots the thymus, allowing the gland to make T-cells.
- Immune system: Additionally, as a result of additional T-cells, this stone enhances the immune system.
- Regenerating the body: This crystal helps the body regenerate.
- Strengthening the mind and body: Consequently, the regeneration of the body, including the brain, strengthens both the mind and body.
- Clearing migraines and other headaches: Lapis clears and heals headaches, including migraines.
Please remember that healing crystal meanings are not medical advice. Crystal healing is support for healing and wellness. See a doctor or other licensed healthcare practitioner about any illness or injury in addition to crystal healing.
How can you improve your life with this crystal?
Ritual, Sacred, and Traditional Uses In Ancient and Modern Life
Lapis Lazuli is a stone of the mysterious, of magic, and of understanding dreams. It is also the “Stone of Truthfulness,” and “Stone of Total Awareness.” This stone will show you the mysteries of sacred texts. Additionally, it shows you esoteric ideas. And this crystal gives you the wisdom to understand what is received.
Lapiz Lazuli is also used for many purposes such as:
- Organizing: This stone gets your daily tasks organized and lined up to be handled easily.
- Balance: Lapis can creative yin/yang balance of male active and female receptive energies.
- Bringing emotional/mental/physical purity: This stone can bring purity to the mind/body/emotional connection.
- Opening: This can open you, including to the psychic as well as other aspects of self.
- Accepting: Lapis helps accept your own inner power.
- Purifying soul and thoughts: In addition to the mind/body/emotional purity, this stone promotes purity of the soul and thoughts.
- Positive magic: Lapis enables positive magic.
- Self-confidence and courage: This stone fosters self-confidence and courage in all facets of life.
- Peace: Lapis brings peacefulness to the soul and to life.
- Space and Night: This stone enlightens the deep mysteries of space and night.
- Understanding Dreams: As such, this crystal aids the understanding of dreams.
- Truth: This crystal brings truthfulness of thought. Additionally, it brings sincerity to word and deed.
- “Letting your light shine”: Lapis helps bring your light forward to let it shine on relationships, work, and all facets of life.
Lapis at ExquisiteCrystals.com
My favorite place to get crystals!
Lapis Lazuli and the Chakras
The Throat and Third Eye Chakras are the ones that Lapis Laduli relates to primarily. It also activates the higher chakras. This stone can balance the Solar Plexus with the Crown Chakra. A particular benefit to the Third Eye Chakra is to put the stone on the third eye to understand your own dreams.
See the Chakras pages to learn more about the chakras.
See additional references and resources on Lapis Lazuli and other crystals here for sacred, spiritual healing, metaphysical and/or mineral information.