Jasper gets its name from a Greek word meaning “spotted stone”. Not all jasper has spots, though. Some jasper has stripes, others florets; still others have combinations or a single color. It is a microcrystalline variety of Chalcedony Quartz. In contrast to other types of Chalcedony, which are often translucent or transparent, Jasper is normally opaque.
This stone is sacred to Native American Indians and use it in shamanic journeying and traditional rituals. It is also in the breastplate of the Hebrew High Priest. Mesopotamian culture considered jasper a stone of the heavens that drove away evil spirits. It was used as protection from the evil eye.
Jasper is the supreme or super nurturer because it helps in times of stress and prolonged illness. It is also a stone of tranquility, wholeness, and protection.
What would you use Jasper for in crystal healing rituals, treatments, or grids?
Spiritual, Metaphysical, Energy, and Historical Crystal Healing Meanings
- Circulation: Jasper stimulates the circulation of not just blood, but also the circulation of energy throughout the body.
- Detoxifying: This crystal has a strong detoxifying energy.
- Anti-inflammation: This stone is a strong anti-inflammatory in general and in IBS/IBD.
- Digestion: It also aids digestion, and the stomach in particular.
- Sexual Organs: This stone heals issues of the sexual organs.
- Alignment: It aligns the Physical, emotional and mental bodies with the etheric for optimum well-being.
- Prolonged Illness: This stone supports during prolonged illness and revitalizes the body. Additionally, the same goes for a stay in the hospital of any length.
- Physical Energy: It also stimulates physical energy.
- Stamina: Thus, it brings stamina.
- Muscle Spasms: Jasper can help unknot muscle spasms.
- Heart Palpitations: It can also ease heart palpitations.
- Vitamin and Mineral Deficiencies: Additionally, it balances and improves vitamin and mineral issues.
- Addictions: This stone is helpful for healing addictions of all kinds
- Organs: This crystal can help heal the bladder, kidneys, spleen and liver.
- Sense of Smell: It can also restore the sense of smell.
- Nervous System: This stone helps improve issues of the immune system and can heal them.
- Fasting: Also, it can keep you as healthy as possible while fasting.
Please remember that healing crystal meanings are not medical advice. Crystal healing is support for healing and wellness. See a doctor or other licensed healthcare practitioner about any illness or injury in addition to crystal healing.
How can you improve your life with Jasper?
Ritual, Sacred, Metaphysical, and Traditional Uses In Ancient and Modern Life
- Protection: Jasper is a stone of protection. Especially protection during travel whether physical or spiritual. Also, it is highly protective during shamanic journeys.
- Negative Energy: This crystal absorbs negative energy and removes it from a person or place. However, the crystal needs frequent cleansing to remove the negative energy it has absorbed.
- Grounding: This stone is gently grounding. Its grounding is powerful but not abrupt.
- Stress: It is also stress-relieving.
- Contentment: This gemstone brings a warm sense of contentment.
- Compassion: It also brings compassion and understanding both for yourself as well as others.
- Pollution: This crystal can protect against electromagnetic and environmental pollution, including radiation.
- Self-Honesty: It can also help you to be honest with yourself.
- Courage: This stone helps you come to grips with and tackle problems of all types.
- Thinking: It also boosts quick thinking.
- Organizing: This crystal also builds strong organizational abilities.
- Sexual Pleasure: This stone prolongs sexual pleasure.
- Willpower: This gemstone fosters strong willpower.
- Burnout: Also, it helps prevent and ease burnout.
- Imagination: This crystal stimulates imagination and creative visualization.
- Peace: It also brings calm and peace.
- Conflict: Additionally, it is supportive during conflict.
- Rebuild: rebuild life after a divorce, tragedy, or other big change.
- Dreams: This stone helps bring your dreams into reality via down to earth solutions of problems.
- Dowsing: It also assists with accurate dowsing.
Jasper at ExquisiteCryrstals.com
And I think these guys are great.
My Experience with Jasper
I admit I had not been a huge fan of Jasper. I also admit that this is because I’ve so often preferred the invisible and spiritual over the physical. All this changed when I got a palm stone of Polychrome Jasper. The grounding and peace have been of immeasurable assistance in getting this site going. This gave me a keen interest in working more with different types of this stone. It will be an earthy adventure. ~Robyn
Chakras and Other Associations
Jasper associates most closely to the Root Chakra with its grounding, practical energy. It also aligns all the chakras and stabilizes the aura. The best alignment and healing of the chakras occurs when the color of the stone matches the color of the chakra. Thus, you would use Red Jasper for the Root Chakra, Yellow for the Solar Plexus Chakra, etc.
See the Chakras Pages to learn more about the chakras. This stone also balances Yin and Yang energies.
Some Types Of Jasper Under Their Descriptive or Trade Names
Each variety of Jasper carries the energy of basic Jasper. And it has its own energies. Continue to Types of Jasper or click the links below.
- Black Veined, Spider Web, or Zebra Stone
- Brecciated, Red is Poppy
- Dalmatian or Dalmatian Stone
- Exotica, Sci-Fi, or Ice Cream
See additional references and resources on crystals and the GIA Gem Encyclopedia for sacred, spiritual healing, metaphysical and/or mineral information. Discover other stones at The Sacred Crystal Meanings. Also, learn how to clear and charge your crystals. You might also enjoy Smoky Quartz, Kyanite, and Aqua Aura Quartz.