Garnet is named for the Latin word for pomegranate, granatum, since it resembles pomegranate seeds. It is said that it is one of the stones in the breastplate of the Hebrew High Priest. It is a state stone of Alaska along with Jade.
Different types of Garnet have basic garnet energy plus their own in a synthesis. Some types of Garnet include Almandine, Andradite, Grossular, Pyrope, Spessartine, and Uvarovite.
What would you use Garnet for in crystal healing rituals and grids?
Spiritual, Metaphysical, Energy, and Historical Crystal Healing Meanings
- Health: Takes negative energy from the chakras and turns it into positive energy for good health.
- Stability: Orders and stabilizes the mental, physical, and emotional.
- Dispels Disorder: Dispels disorder causing issues at the start of symptoms.
- Balance Sexual Energies: This stone does spine, spinal fluid, bone, heart, lungs, blood treatment to balance sexual energies.
- Absorption: This crystal boosts the absorption of Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamins A, and E.
- RNA/DNA: This crystal can help repair damage to RNA/DNA structure.
- Cells: This stone can regenerate cells.
More Crystal Healing Meanings
Regeneration: This gemstone is good for all conditions requiring regeneration. Thus, it is good for rejuvenation.
Toxins: This crystal detoxifies the body.
Healing: This stone awakens the body’s ability to heal itself.
Abuse: This gemstone helps heal from abuse.
Addiction: This crystal helps understand the root causes of addiction. Thus, it is also helpful for sexual addiction.
Depression: This stone helps ease depression.
Emotional Healing: This gemstone promotes emotional healing. And it eases emotional turmoil.
Heart: Boosts the physical heart.
Keep in mind that healing crystal meanings are not medical advice. Crystal healing is support for healing and wellness. See a doctor or other licensed healthcare practitioner about any illness or injury in addition to crystal healing.
How can you improve your life with Garnet?
Ritual, Sacred, Metaphysical Properties, Gemstone Meanings, and Traditional Uses In Ancient and Modern Life
- Chaos: Decreases or eliminates chaos in the environment, structure, anything in the physical world.
- Purification: Garnet excels at cleansing places, people, and things. Thus, it also purifies these things.
- Life Force Energy: This crystal stimulates the life force energy within all of us.
- Purpose: It can also assist us to live with purpose.
- Instinctive Nature: However it also brings us a richer life of instinctive nature.
- Balance: Garnet can also balance our primal nature with the intelligence of the higher mind.
- Passion: This gemstone is one of raw passion.
- Broken Heart: However it can also mend a broken heart.
- Love: This crystal also gives us an immense capacity to love.
- Relationships: Likewise it brings the essence of a well-rounded relationship.
- Devotion: This stone assists us to experience true devotion and commitment first-hand when it comes to a deep relationship.
- Peace: This gemstone carries a vibration of peace. Therefore, it can ward off negative emotions and bring emotional balance.
- Past Lives: This crystal allows those who work with it to recollect past lives. It also allows us to relinquish any negativity from those past lives. Likewise, it allows us to integrate any positive lessons.
- Old Emotions: This gemstone fosters the destruction of old emotions. It also clarifies ancestral patterns so you may follow them or create new patterns as you are led to do.
- Anger: This stone reduces anger. In the same vein, it relieves anger at God.
- Humility: Thjios crystal fosters humility and compassion.
- Emotional Baggage: This gemstone allows healing of the leftovers from a difficult childhood. Along those lines, it allows for releasing any emotional baggage.
- Stability: This stone fosters grounding and stability, which improves life as it becomes less rocky when you are stable.
- Insecurity: This gemstone destroys insecurity when you work with it.
- Strength: This crystal enhances strength on all levels.
Garnets may have trace minerals in them that are toxic. Use polished stones whenever possible. Also, be sure to wash your hands after handling them. And make elixirs and gem waters through the indirect method only.
Garnet at ExquisiteCrystals.com
I just love these guys.
Chakras and Other Associations
Garnet is associated primarily to the Root Chakra, but also to the Heart Chakra. It clears negativity in the aura and cleanses the Chakras. Garnet also aligns kundalini. See the Chakra Pages to learn more about the chakras.
Garnet is the traditional and modern January birthstone. Garnet is the zodiac stone of Aquarius. These gemstones also relate to Virgo. Various garnet types vibrate to different numbers. These types also relate to various zodiac signs individually.
In conclusion, Garnet is a stone of health, commitment, and reducing chaos and disorder.