Emerald is a crystal with energies to increase fidelity, stimulate the heart chakra, improve clairvoyance, and more. This crystal is called “Agee” and “The Stone for Successful Love”, as well. The name Emerald is taken from Persian for “green gem.” From a book that had been lost, the Papyrus Prisse, Emerald has been used for 4500 to 5500 years. Cleopatra even had emerald mines. Aztecs and Incas prized these gemstones highly, and their stones came from Colombia originally. Colombian emeralds are still the most prized today.
What would you use Emerald for in crystal healing treatments, rituals, or grids?
Sacred, Spiritual, Energy, Gemstone Meanings, and Historical Healing Uses
Please remember that healing crystal meanings are not medical advice. Crystal healing is support for healing and wellness. See a doctor or other licensed healthcare practitioner about any illness or injury.
These beautiful crystals have long been used in healing rituals and efforts for things such as
- Liver Function: This stone can aid liver function.
- Eyesight: Holding this crystal on the closed eye for 10 minutes 3 times a day can improve eyesight. Do make sure the stone is very clean on a closed eye. 🙂
- Gout: This crystal decreases gout symptoms when used on the affected part.
- Rejuvenation: This stone can bring rejuvenation and vitality.
- Epilepsy: This gemstone is used to lessen epilepsy symptoms.
- Headaches: This crystal can lessen and ease headaches.
- Fertility: This crystal increases fertility
- Victimization: Emerald can heal emotional victimization.
- Recovery: This stone strengthens recovery of all kinds. Thus, you could recover more quickly from the flu, a broken leg, or something else.
Additional Crystal Healing Meanings
- Rashes: This crystal soothes rashes.
- Allergies: This gemstone can soothe allergies. It brings them down to manageable levels.
- Asthma: Therefore, this stone relieves allergic asthma. In many cases, this stone soothes other types of asthma also.
- Sinus Problems: Emerald is used for sinus problems. An elixir can be wiped over the sinus area. Also, place the stones over your sinuses.
- Infection: This crystal is a good one for fighting infections of all kinds.
- Eczema: Bathing the area in emerald water or elixir can soothe eczema.
- Vitality: This gemstone brings vitality and inner strength.
- Cancer: Crystal healers use this stone to ease cancer.
- Claustrophobia: This crystal lessens claustrophobia or eliminates it.
- Aging: Emerald lessens the many issues and difficulties of aging.
- Childbirth: This gemstone prevents problems in childbirth.
- Heart Disorders: This stone addresses and helps with heart disorders. It also aids high blood pressure.
How can you improve your life with Emerald?
Ritual, Sacred, Metaphysical Properties, and Traditional Uses In Ancient and Modern Life
Ancient Egyptians used Emerald in jewelry and grave goods in addition to the methods mentioned above. Emerald is a stone for:
- Marital Vows: Emerald strengthens marital vows and forges a team between two people.
- Marital Fidelity: Consequently, this crystal strengthens marital fidelity. It can keep either partner from wandering.
- Loyalty: This stone can build loyalty within the self. This has the effect of making you loyal. In turn, this stone brings loyalty in others.
- Domestic Bliss: As a result, this gemstone can create domestic bliss.
- Negativity: This gemstone removes negativity from everyday life and brings in the positive energies.
- Procrastination: Emerald can help you stop putting things off. It gives a sense that everything will be better if you go ahead.
- Improving focus: This crystal helps improve focus. This is true in terms of paying attention. It also helps determine which things to place your focus on for your best and highest good.
- Balancing intensity: This gemstone can help you balance intense activities or thoughts with less intense ones. This balance helps prevent burn out and makes you more effective in the things you do.
- Right Action. This crystal can establish that right action becomes the only choice. Therefore, you turn away from wrong actions without undue difficulty.
Additional Ancient and Modern Uses
- Memory: This stone can boost memory. Boosting memory is especially useful for those in medical professions or who are aging.
- Mental Power: Consequently, this assists in increasing the use and effectiveness of mental power.
- Love: Emerald is helpful for fostering love, whether between spouses, family members, or community.
- Discernment About Love: This stone shows the difference between love and being in love.
- Psychic Eye: This crystal helps open the psychic eye. Thus, it aids clairvoyance.
- Wisdom: This stone allows for greater inner knowing. Thus it brings wisdom.
- Compassion: This gemstone helps create compassion practice wherever you go.
Emerald is the green Beryl. “Red Emerald” is Bixbyite or Bixbite, red Beryl. Blue-green Beryl is Aquamarine. Yellow is Heliodor, Pink is Morganite, and clear is Goshenite. The best-known crystals of the Beryl family are Emerald and Aquamarine.
Chakras And Other Associations
Emerald is a Heart Chakra crystal. Therefore, it can open, balance, activate, and stimulate this chakra. See the Chakras pages to learn more about the chakras. Emerald is also the birthstone for May. Additionally, it is an anniversary stone for the 2nd, 20th, and 35 anniversary.
ExquisiteCrystals.com Sponsored Link
I just love these guys!
You can see mineralogical information on Emerald at mindat.org. And you can see gemological information on Emerald at gemdat.org. See additional references and resources on Emerald and other crystals.
Photos: AdobeStock except where noted otherwise.