Citrine is a very pale yellow to smoky yellow to golden variety of Quartz. It gets its name from the Greek word “citron,” which is a fruit like a lemon. This crystal has a bright, clean energy that emanates abundance, happiness, personal power, and vitality. Citrine’s energy is so radiant that this crystal never requires clearing negative energy from it.
Sometimes Citrine is confused with Yellow Topaz. Although they are not the same stone, they are both birthstones for November.
What would you use this stone for in crystal healing treatments, rituals, or grids?
Sacred, Spiritual, Energy and Historical Healing Citrine Uses
Please remember that healing crystal meanings are not medical advice. Crystal healing is support for healing and wellness. See a doctor or other licensed healthcare practitioner about any illness or injury.
Crystal and folk healers use this crystal for many wellness issues such as:
- Relieving depression: It aids in lifting depression. The depression lifted may be from situational or clinical causes.
- Bringing the aura in line with the physical body: Aligning the aura and the body fosters general wellness.
- Balancing hormones: It helps bring all hormones into balance. Therefore, thyroid, estrogen, or other hormones balance.
- Improving physical energy: This crystal can bring a significant improvement in physical energy.
- Stomach Problems: This stone also soothes all kinds of stomach problems.
- Digestion: Additionally, it aids all facets of digestion, easing and assisting all along the digestive system.
- Curbing addictions and compulsiveness: This crystal helps reduce or eliminate addictions and compulsive behavior.
- Reducing anger: This stone can reduce anger which can fester and causes physical ailments. Therefore, the system returns to balance and wellness.
- Dealing with diabetes: This metabolic disorder can be improved greatly by use of this gemstone.
- Emotional upsets and Traumas: This stone is helpful for dealing with emotional upsets of all kinds. Likewise, this includes those caused by trauma.
- Soothing fibromyalgia: This crystal eases the discomfort of fibromyalgia.
- Addictions: Some crystal healers use this gemstone, especially in concert with Amethyst. to ameliorate addictions.
- Gallbladder issues: Citrine aids the healing of gallbladder problems.
How can you improve your life with Citrine?
Ritual, Sacred, and Traditional Uses In Ancient and Modern Life
Traditionally, Citrine is a crystal that brings success and wealth. Merchants especially benefit when they keep it near or in the cash register or cash box. This is where the nickname “The Merchant’s Stone” comes from. However, merchants are not the only ones who can benefit from the stone’s success and wealth energies.
Ancient Romans used Citrine for jewelry. We still use Citrine for jewelry today. Some other energies, ritual, and sacred uses are:
- Clarifying problems: This crystal sheds light on the details of a problem so that it may be handled in the best way.
- The intellect: Citrine helps aid the mind. To clarify, it sharpens the intellect.
- Generosity: This crystal can bring generosity of time, money, or spirit. In other words, it can help you be generous with whatever you have.
- Energizing: Citrine is energizing in a warm, friendly way.
- Creative Power: This stone enhances the creative abilities of all types.
- Protective yang qualities: This crystal is a stone with yang, active energy which brings protection.
- Truthfulness: Operating from a place of personal power, Citrine enhances truthfulness. That is to say that it helps you be truthful in any area.
Additional Uses in Ancient and Modern Life
- Enjoying earthly pleasures: As long as no harm is done, this crystal helps enjoy earthly pleasures, the Earth, and Spirit.
- Ideas: Working with Citrine helps turn your ideas into reality.
- Dreamwork: This crystal enhances dreams, their understanding. As a result, it empowers dreamwork.
- Dispelling fear: The clear energy of this gemstone brushes away fears.
- Employment: Citrine is a success stone. Therefore, this crystal allows you to find or keep gainful employment.
- Family issues: When used in a family setting, Citrine can help resolve issues of the family. That is to say, relationships between family members improve.
- Personal power: Personal power is key to this crystal. Its relationship with the Solar Plexus Chakra ensures this. Therefore, the gemstone’s intense personal power, along with its yang energy, is probably why this crystal also is very protective.
- Additionally, this is a stone of happiness and joy.
- Lastly, Citrine clears and charges other stones’ energy.
Citrine at ExquisiteCrystals.com
I love getting crystals there.
Chakras and Other Information
Kundalini Quartz is a type of natural Citrine from the Congo. It gets its name for precipitating the Kundalini movement, which can sometimes be very intense.
Some Citrine is created from pale Amethyst, which is heated. In nature, the Earth heats Amethyst and creates Citrine. However, some believe the stone heated by man has no beneficial energy. Others, including myself, believe that it has Citrine energy. For instance, Melody (sponsored link) says that this crystal heated by man has the same properties as natural Citrine. But, others believe that this stone has Amethyst’s properties. Use your intuition and personal experience to decide how you wish to approach this type of crystal.
See additional references and resources on crystals for metaphysical and crystal meanings.
Citrine is related to Amethyst, Quartz, Rose Quartz, Aqua Aura Quartz, and Smoky Quartz among others, and looks good with Turquoise. Discover other stones at The Sacred Crystal Meanings. Also, learn about clearing and charging crystals here.