Chalcedony is a variety of quartz, and as such carries energies of quartz as well as its own. It grows in different forms, including onyx, agate, and jasper. It is a stone of vitality and nurturing. Two well known types are Blue Chalcedony and Carnelian.
What would I use this crysstal for in crystal healing, grids, or rituals?
Sacred, Spiritual, Energy and Historical Healing Uses of Chalcedony
- Depression, Sadness: Chalcedony is a happy stone that can decrease depression and sadness.
- Bipolar Disorder: This crystal supports wellness in bipolar disorder, also known as manic depression.
- Digestion: This gemstone aids in the healthy digestion of minerals.
- Dementia: It also improves dementia and senility.
- Vitality: This crystal can increase physical vitality, stamina, and endurance
- Emotional Wounds: In addition, this crystal can help heal deep emotional wounds.
- Fears: This stone reduces fears. Fewer fears mean less stress-related illness.
- Nightmares: Likewise, this gemstone helps lessen nightmares.
- Breathing: This crystal can decrease lung problems and ease breathing.
- Throat Problems: Similarly, this stone can relieve sore throat and laryngitis.
Please remember that healing crystal meanings are not prescriptions or medical advice. See a doctor or other licensed healthcare practitioner about any illness or injury.
How can I improve my life with Chalcedony?
Ritual, Sacred, and Traditional Uses In Ancient and Modern Life
Chalcedony was a sacred stone of the American Indians and was used in rituals. It has been used since early times for earrings and carvings. Ancient Egyptians used it for scarabs. Among others, here are uses of Chalcedony:
- Generosity: This crystal increases generosity of all kinds.
- Responsiveness: Also, this stone boosts responsiveness from one person to another.
- Brotherhood: Thus, this gemstone encourages the brotherhood of all.
- Miracles: This crystal has been used to create “miracles” that seem impossible.
- Kindness: This gemstone helps us express kindness.
- Charity: Likewise, this stone helps develop charity in a person or in a community.
- Self-Expression: This crystal increases true self-expression in a healthy and kind manner.
- Peace: This stone brings peace and nurtures serenity.
- Communication Issues: When used on the Throat Chakra this gemstone helps with communication issues.
- Irritability: This crystal decreases irritability and its sidekick hostility.
Chalcedony is cryptocrystalline, meaning that the crystals that make it up are so packed together that even a microscope will not show them. You can find more mineralogical information at mindat.org. And you can find gemological data at gemdat.org.
See additional references and resources on Chalcedony and other crystals for sacred, spiritual healing, metaphysical and/or mineral information.