Carnelian is a lovely orange to red-orange to brown variety of chalcedony quartz. It is a stone of creativity and Light. Also, carnelian excels in sacred rituals for clearing negativity and bringing joy.
According to mindat.org there are a few other names for Carnelian: Canary Stone, Cornelian, Corneol, and Mecca Stone. The prophet Muhammed was said to wear a carnelian ring that he wore to use as a seal. Jafar, who was one of the most famous imams, said that anyone who wore the stone would have his desires fulfilled. The word “carn” is the root of the word Carnelian. Carn means flesh. Additionally, Carnelian is called the Actor’s Stone. In some cases, Carnelian is another word for the stone Sard and vice versa.
Sacred, Spiritual, Energy and Historical Crystal Healing Uses
- Nerve Pain: Carnelian eases nerve pain, also called neuropathy.
- Gall Stones: This crystal can curb gall stones.
- Kidney Stones: Additionally, this stone can relieve kidney stones.
- Crohn’s Disease: This gemstone relieves Crohn’s disease.
- Liver: This crystal can reduce liver problems, as well.
- Toxins: Therefore, this stone can aid in the removal of toxins from the body.
- Pancreas: This stone also reduces pancreas problems.
- Spleen: This gemstone relieves spleen disorders.
- Allergies: This crystal eases pollen allergies.
- Spine: This stone can help disorders of the spine. Thus, it can help with back pain.
- Cuts and Abrasions: An elixir of carnelian is said to be good for cuts and abrasions.
- Traumas: This crystal assists in the healing of trauma issues. Therefore, it helps heal abuse issues.
- Confusion: This stone reduces confusion due to mental disorders.
- Adrenal Glands: This gemstone balances the adrenal glands.
- Fertility: Carnelian increases fertility.
- Grounding or stabilizing: This enables more rapid healing.
- Circulation and Blood: This crystal can help circulation and blood issues.
- Skin Disorders: This stone improves skin disorders.
- Common Cold: This gemstone can curb the common cold. Thus, it curbs related viruses as well.
- Arthritis: This crystal soothes arthritis.
- Depression: This gemstone reduces depression.
Please remember that healing crystal meanings are not prescriptions or medical advice. See a doctor or other licensed healthcare practitioner about any illness or injury.
Ritual, Sacred, Metaphysical, and Traditional Uses of Carnelian In Ancient and Modern Life
Ancient Egyptians and Ancient Romans used carnelian in jewelry, as signet rings, and cameos. Carnelian is and has been used for many other things such as
- Creativity: This crystal boosts creativity. This applies both in the arts and in general life.
- Dramatic Acting: Thus, this gemstone enhances dramatic acting.
- Inspiration: This crystal increases inspiration as well.
- Personal Power: This stone increases personal power.
- Self-Esteem: As a result, this crystal also increases self-esteem.
- Individuality: Therefore, this gemstone finds or maintains your individuality.
- Harmony: This stone brings harmony to all levels of life. This includes stabilizing energy in the home.
- Happiness: This gemstone also brings happiness and even joy.
- Sensuality: Thus, this crystal brings harmony and happiness to your sensuality.
- Manifestation: Carnelian is a stone of manifestation.
- Strength: This crystal enhances strength. It also improves physical energy.
- Memory and Concentration: This stone improves both memory and concentration.
- Past Life Recall: As a result, this gemstone also eases past-life recall.
Many varieties of Carnelian.
- Inner Strength: This crystal fosters your inner strength.
- Fears: As a result, this stone dispels unreasonable fears. It also soothes fears.
- Grief: This gemstone eases sadness and grief.
- Spiritual World: This crystal improves connection to the spiritual world.
- Negative Energy: This gemstone clears negative energy from other stones.
- Flow: Additionally, this stone eases the flow of energy.
- Attuning: This crystal attunes you to the elements and seasons.
- Awareness: This stone increases spiritual awareness.
- Inner Talents: By the same token, this gemstone awakens inner talents.
- Stress: This crystal eases stress and tension.
- Curiosity: This stone increases curiosity in a positive manner.
- Apathy: This gemstone reduces apathy and passivity.
- Protection: This crystal brings protection in general. Also, in particular, it brings protection against the evil eye, enemies, rage, and physical protection.
Carnelian is associated primarily with the Sacral Chakra. See the Chakras pages in order to learn more about the chakras.
You can find mineralogical data at mindat.org. And you can find gemological data at Gemdat.org. Also, see additional references and resources on crystals for sacred, spiritual healing, metaphysical and/or mineral information.
Discover other stones at The Sacred Crystal Meanings.