Agate is a variety of Chalcedony Quartz, which is banded. It is a very abundant stone. Therefore, cultures used it for many purposes. As a variety of Chalcedony Quartz, it has its agate metaphysical properties plus theirs. These stones are soothing and calming, as well as stones of love, abundance, good luck, and creativity.
There are many varieties of agate. Firstly, some have names related to their colors or patterns, such as Crazy Lace. Further, others have names related to where they are found. Botswana Agate is an example of this. Thirdly, some of these stones have names that are related to both color or pattern and location. Graveyard Plume Agate, for instance, is both.
Why would you use Agate in crystal healing?
Sacred, Spiritual, Energy, and Historical Crystal Healing Uses
Please remember that healing crystal meanings are not medical advice. Crystal healing is support for healing and wellness. See a doctor or other licensed healthcare practitioner about any illness or injury.
Agate has been used for many healing purposes such as
- Balance: Agate is excellent for balancing the mind, body, and emotions. Consequently, this improves health on all levels.
- Emotional/Mental disorders: This crystal is soothing for all types of emotional or mental disorders.
- Digestive Upsets: This stone eases digestive upsets and can restore digestive balance.
- Eyes: This gemstone is helpful for the eyes. Of course, do not apply to an open eye. 🙂
- Womb: This crystal improves womb issues including fertility-related womb issues.
- Lymph: This stone balances the lymph system throughout the body.
- Skin Problems: This gemstone relieves skin problems, especially when used as an elixir or gem water.
- Weight Loss: This stone aids weight loss and makes it easier to achieve your desired weight.
- Nightmares: This crystal reduces nightmares. This applies to how intense they are and how often they happen.
- Strength: This stone increases strength. This can be helpful when doing things that require strength like chores. They can be done with less risk of painful problems It is also helpful for the strength to overcome illness.
- Teeth and Gums: This crystal helps both teeth and gums, for a healthier mouth and a healthier heart.
How can I improve my life with this crystal?
Ritual, Sacred, Metaphysical Properties, Gemstone Meanings, and Traditional Uses In Ancient and Modern Life
This common but powerful stone can be used for many positive ends such as
- Love: Agate increases love of all kinds in a gentle manner rather than something abrupt and unsettling.
- Abundance: This crystal brings an abundance of the things you need in life.
- Generosity: This stone fosters generosity in people who wear, carry, or meditate with it.
- Good Luck: Agate is better than a rabbit’s foot for bringing good luck.
- Protection: Agate gives general protection of all kinds of areas in life.
- Protection of Children: This stone give its strongest protection to children.
- Honesty: This crystal supports and aids being honest.
- Courage: This stone is a stone of courage. Carry or wear it when you feel you will need courage.
- Harmony: This gemstone harmonizes energy within a person, family, or community.
- Yin/Yang: This crystal balances yin/yang energy.
- Envy: This stone fosters and encourages overcoming resentment and envy.
- Heart Negativity: This crystal clears negative energy from the heart to let love in.
Additional Agate Uses
- Soothing: Agate is both soothing and calming.
- Anxiety: This crystal is strong at decreasing anxiety.
- Grounding: This stone is excellent at grounding and stabilizing, which is the basis of many of its properties.
- Practical Solutions: Consequently, this crystal helps come up with practical solutions
- Hidden Information: This gemstone can also uncover hidden information.
- Self Acceptance: This gemstone helps to see the self clearly. Thus, it increases self-acceptance.
- Friendship: In turn, self-acceptance helps foster friendship.
- Concentration: Agate is an excellent stone for concentrating and studying. Consequently, keeping one at your desk, one in your laptop bag, and one in your pocket can be a big help.
- Writing: This crystal helps you write more easily and smoothly. (I have one in each pocket whenever I write!)
- Raising energy: This stone helps you raise energy smoothly and strongly.
Agate is related to the Root Chakra. It is also related to other chakras depending on its color(s). Therefore, white would also be associated with the Crown Chakra. See the Chakras pages to learn more about the chakras.
I believe agate is one of the under-appreciated crystals. It carries harmonious energies. Agate can also have strikingly beautiful markings. Everyone should have at least one type of agate in their crystal collection.
All Agates carry basic Agate energy, but also have their own particular vibration. Here and on page 2 are just a few of the types of agate.
Blue Lace Agate
Blue Lace agate is about calming and soothing. It can help you center yourself and collect your mental energy. This crystal can bring a drop in anxiety and a positive attitude. Also, this stone is particularly good for caregivers. It can calm situations, bring encouragement and support. Blue Lace Agate is also a gentle throat chakra stone that can bring new forms of self-expression. In crystal healing, Blue Lace Agate is used for sore throats, arthritis, broken bones.
Learn about more different types of this crystal on Agate Page 2.
Agates at ExquisiteCrystals.com
I love these guys!
See additional references and resources on crystals for metaphysical and crystal meanings.